Monday, April 9, 2007

Introduction

This will be a blog about topical stamp collecting - specifically dragon themed stamps & covers. I've been collecting stamps off and on for quite a few years. A dozen or so years ago I decided I wanted to collect a topic, but I had a hard time settling on one. I would visit stamp shows and see various things that interested me & I would pick up covers or stamps - dinosaurs, dogs, baseball among others. I found a cover or two with a mythological theme that caught my eye, but didn't have much luck (or time).

Skip a few years - toss in some moves, job layoffs and a few other things that put a damper on hobbies. Sometime in 2000 I noticed some of the stamps released by various countries for the Year of the Dragon. I bought some of the US issue (scott 3370) and ordered some stamps and covers from Australia. After a time I did some searches on ebay and found some first day covers that I thought were quite attractive. Before I knew it, I had my topic to focus on.

No comments: